Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Butterfinger Chips

My first year of college I lived with three guys and they were, hands down, the greatest roommates. I am sure they enjoyed my company since they went from .99 cent Totinos pizza to home-cooking. I think this is where my love for all things cooking and baking came into place and I was lucky to have roommates to eat all my creations. Not only did I cook for my roommates but a lot of our friends would come over too and it was an excuse for us to have fun! Anyways, one of my great friends and old roommate, Josh, gave me a cookbook for my birthday; Bethany Lutheran Church: Favorite Recipes Past and Present and is where this recipe comes from. I am a sucker for the sweet and salty flavor and this recipe fulfills all that and more. Besides the sweet and salty flavor, this creation is a great mix of chocolate, peanut butter, and crunch! Forewarning, you cannot have just one and may find yourself losing count of how many you have, I wish I could say I didn't know this from experience! These are great to take gatherings, parties, work, or where ever you like. This is something where people will say "I NEED this recipe!" "These are SO amazing; what is in them?" and the greatest...."You NEED to HIDE these or I will eat them all!" which is how you know they are good! Enjoy!
Butterfinger Chips
1 box Wheat Thins
Peanut Butter
1 (12 oz.) package milk chocolate chips
1 (12 oz.) package butterscotch chips
Make peanut butter sandwiches using two Wheat Thins and the peanut butter. Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together, being careful not to burn (stir throughout the whole melting process). Dip the sandwiches in the chocolate/butterscotch mixture with a fork, coating both sides, and then tapping the fork on the side of the bowl/saucepan to remove excess chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet (I usually line with parchment or waxed paper) and when finished with all of them, place in fridge.
Tips: After I make the sandwiches I place them all in the freezer for a while so the crackers don't slide when dipping. After dipping them, I place them in the freezer and when they have been in there for a while I remove them and place in a storage container; this way they don't stick to the cookie sheet. These need to be kept in the fridge or freezer; I personally like and keep them in the freezer. Halfway through, or whenever you feel its getting to thick, you may need to reheat the chocolate to get it nice and smooth again
Variation: I have dipped these in white almond bark; which are great too!

These are super easy and a little time consuming, but well worth it!

The finished product!

Chocolately goodness enclosing the peanut butter and crunchy inside.

The pictures do not do them justice!

Is your mouth watering yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment