Saturday, October 16, 2010

::Pumpkin Blondies::

I bet those of you who dislike pumpkin are so disliking me right now. But, for those of you who love pumpkin, here is another great pumpkin recipe! Have you never heard of a "blondie" before and are wondering what it is? Well, funny actually, but...it's not a brownie, but a blondie. HAHAHA. Seriously. A "blondie" is made with "light" ingredients and instead of using chocolate chips, you use white chocolate chips. So, that is where the "blondie" part comes in. Along with the white chocolate chips there is a little bit of coconut too which all go great together! These are very moist, and sweet, but not too sweet. I brought these to work and one lady said toward the end of the shift "can I take some home with me?" Enjoy!

::Pumpkin Blondies::

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white baking chips
1/2 cup coconut

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil (or parchment paper). In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Add pumpkin; beat on low speed until combined. Beat or stir in flour mixture. Stir in baking chips and coconut. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.


Recipe came from the Mixing Bowl, Winter 2010 magazine.


Ingredients.


I didn't have a 9x9x2 pan like the recipe calls for so I used an 8x8....


Lined with parchment paper.



The "dry" ingredients...


Like my spatula? Can't believe it's almost Halloween already. I had to take a picture of this because my first year of college, around Halloween, my mom sent me this along with a cookbook in the mail. So, that means I have had this for about 5 years. Think of her evertime I use it and how lucky I am to have such a great Mom!


"Dry" ingredients all mixed together.



Can't forget about the butter! :)


Or the brown sugar!


All beat up!


Probably the star of the show! Pumpkin!
Did you know we had a pumpkin shortage in July...who would have thought?



1 cup pumpkin.
Funny story about the pumpkin...so I brought one loaf of the ::Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread:: to work and someone said..."I bet you baked a real pumpkin and didn't use canned."


Canned pumpkin :) with the butter mixture. (oh and the egg and vanilla is also in this mix)


..and the flour mixture added in!..but for more flavor...


The white chocolate chips and...


The coconut!


Ready to be baked!



Oh wait, I guess it has to go in the pan first :)


Now ready for the oven.


For some reason it's hard to photograph bake pumpkin "things" with my camera..the color doesn't seem right. But I guess around here things aren't about color..it's about taste!



Same with the color on this pic...it just doesn't do justice for the taste! Find out and see yourself!
Enjoy!
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment