Tuesday, October 5, 2010

::Seasoned Chicken with White Onion Sauce over Rice & Roasted Veggies::

No excuses, right? No excuses for why I haven't posted recently. I will tell you though, I have been taping my house, on the inside, in preparation for the painting spree I just started tonight. I bought 6 gallons of paint today; 1 down and lots more to go! PS: ceilings are not fun to paint and I have alot of ceiling left! Anyways this isn't a "HGTV" blog, but a "Foodnetwork" blog. So, I had a bag of chicken breast tenderloins in the freezer and I haven't made anything chicken for a while so I thought I'd take some out. I also had a bunch of vegetable that I needed to use so this post will be about a whole meal instead of just one thing. This meal seems to look and maybe sound "fancy," but it isn't that at all; however, if you make this feel free to have people think that way! I couldn't just serve plain chicken and veggies, so I made up a sauce last night and it turned out good and was made with common ingredients! Enjoy!

::Seasoned Chicken with White Onion Sauce over Rice & Roasted Veggies::

::Chicken::
Chiken Breasts/Tenderloins
Favorite seasoning or spices
Olive Oil
Line a pan with tin foil and place chicken breasts on top. Drizzle with olive oil and a generous amount of seasoning. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees until done.

::White Onion Sauce::
1 med yellow onion
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1 cup water
1 chicken boullien cube
garlic salt & powder
onion salt & powder
thyme
oregano
parsley flakes
pepper
olive oil

Dice onion and saute in olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper until tender. Add 1 cup water, bring to a boil, and add chicken boullien cube; dissolve. Whisk in sour cream and  milk and add seasonings (a generous amount of salts/powders and a little less of the thyme and oregano and about 1-2 tsps parsley flakes; start out with a little and then add more so you don't over salt it). I added a generous amount of pepper. Bring to a boil for a couple minutes remove from heat and let "cool" a little. This sauce is more of a runny type sauce.

::Minute Rice::
Follow directions on box.

::Roasted Veggies::
Your favorite veggies
Olive Oil
A couple sprinkles of garlic and onion salt

Cut up veggies into larger chunks. Place on a tin foil lined pan; drizzle with olive oil and a little bit of each salt. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350. When almost done, uncover, and take out when veggies are done.


This was last minute; so I didn't have time to unthaw them.


It seemed funny to me that they were frozen and I still put olive oil on them. 1st experience with that!
I guess I don't have a picture of the next step when I put the seasoning on; but it's a "mystery" seasoning. My step-mom put some in a bag for me when I was home and I didn't use it for a while and forgot what it was. I think it was a Tastefully Simple seasoning but i'm not sure? Anyways, I put a generous amount on. It definitly had some kick! So, while it was baking I did this....

...cut up veggies!

..and more veggies!

Carrots! After using these reg. sized garden carrots I have a new love for them! They are wonderful roasted!


Parsnips! I guess these last a while in the fridge...I've had them since I made the ::Nut Butter Crusted Parsnip Fries::.


So, funny story. I was at the Dan's Supermarket getting some produce when I saw they had these yellow potatoes for $0.99 a bag; good deal! So, when I was reading the bag (honestly, who the heck reads a potato bag?), I found out that they were from Tappen! Yay!

Starting to look pretty!

One of my favortie veggies; beets!

Don't worry, I didn't drop my camera in anything before I took this picture. Not sure why it's blurr! Oops...

Gotta be fair between the purple and yellow onions!

Peppers!

Also in the picture: sweet potato, red/yellow/orange pepper.

The chicken all done!

On to the sauce...Starting out with the diced onion.

With some olive oil (sprinkle with a little salt and pepper too!)

Once sauted and tender; add 1 cup water.

Bring water to boil and add 1 cube and dissolve.

Seasonings! Don't be scared!

Terrible pic! It's milk folks!

All done! Some of the "specks" you see in the pic in the sauce is a little of the olive oil.


Roasted vegetables are so good and so much more tastier then regular canned or frozen veggies. They are much sweeter and just have a certain taste that you can't obtain any other way!


Who doesn't like Minute Rice?!

When I make rice, after the water is brought to a boil and when you add the rice, add about 2 tbsp olive oil (for about 2 cups rice).

To plate; I placed the veggies on one side by themselves and then placed some rice with the chicken on top and then poured the white sauce over that. Yum. Yum. Yum.
Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment