Thursday, August 12, 2010

::Nut Butter Crusted Parsnip Fries::

I'd like to thank my sister for introducing me to this recipe; Thank you sista! My sister is a follower of the website Oh She Glows and is where she got it. My sister had made these fries and then tried to explain how good they were to me and said something like "I don't even know how to describe the flavor, you just have to make them yourself." Now I know what she means! I had never had parsnips, and I wouldn't have known how to use or make them if it wouldn't have been for this recipe. I traditionally like when my fries are crunchy. But, I learned with these that you can't bake them too much! I did that to a couple of them and it's not the same as when you want crunchy potato fries! I hope that you gives these a shot, as the ingredients will surprise you...but the taste will mezmorize you! Enjoy!
::Nut Butter Crusted Parsnip Fries::

3 medium parsnips; peeled and cut into thin fry-like strips
1 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
Directions: Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Peel and cut parsnips into fry-like strips. In a medium size bowl, mix together the nut butters, olive oil, and salt. Take parsnips and toss in bowl with your hands until fully coated. Line up on baking pan and cook at 400F for 30-50 minutes until crisp (but not too dark!).

The stars of the show.

Parsnips; they remind me of a potato carrot.


Peel. Peel. Peel.

The skins off.

Cut into strips.

The main measurer!

Almond butter...never had it before so it was bought especially for this.

Smooth.

Crunchy peanut butter!
(Surprised by the ingredients yet?!)

Everyone loves a little E-V-O-O!

Ready for a mix.

All mixed up!

Put the parsnips into a mixing bowl and then put peanut butter mixture on top and be ready to mix with your hands.

All coated!

On parchment paper, spread out and place the parsnips on a pan.

Ready for the oven.

Baked! Notice the one in the bottom, right corner; baked too much!

Yummmmmm!
Can't wait to hear feedback on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment