Saturday, August 28, 2010

::Cool Cucumber Pasta::

I'm pretty sure I've eaten more cucumbers this week then I have over my entire lifetime. Not even kidding. Fresh from the garden veggies are just so much more tastier than what you buy in the grocery store! My aunt had made this recipe for father's day and I knew I had to have the recipe; not only because it was super delicious but because I knew I would have alot of cucumbers from the garden. The cucumbers paired with the pasta and the sauce give it a hearty, yet resfreshing taste. Make this ahead of time so that it is able to sit in the fridge for a while until it is served. Enjoy!
::Cool Cucumber Pasta::
12 oz. Bow Tie Pasta
1 T. vegetable oil
2 med. cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/2 onion , thinly sliced (however much you like)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. water
3/4 c. vinegar
1 T. prepared mustard
1 T. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Cook pasta; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in large bowl; stir in oil, cucumber, and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with slotted spoon.
Thinly slicing the cucumbers.

I might have cut up more than 2 med. cucumbers...that's how much I enjoy them!

Pasta!

Time for the onion.

Pasta, onions, and cucumbers.

A little bit of oil.


Sugar to sweeten it up...

Water to...add some wetness.

Vinegar to add some tang!

The spices. One thing; what doesn't fit here and what is missing?
Answer: ground mustard doesn't fit here and the prepared mustard is missing...oops!

Ready to be mixed in to add some flavor.

Stired and ready! So delicious!
Tomorrow, it will be better from sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment