Friday, August 13, 2010

::Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting::

After the title, need I say more? This cake paired with peanut butter frosting is out of this world! I have never had feelings for a chocolate cake before until I met this one and couldn't get over how moist it was! It was mother's day, we were over at my in-laws, and my sister-in-law had made this for dessert. I savored each and every bite I took of it! After I tried it I knew I had to have the recipe. Now for the frosting...where do I start with that? It is so smooth and creamy and has the right amount of peanut butter flavor. It's one of those frostings that you will never scrape off, but will maybe go back to the cake pan and start scraping any off the got left behind! Like I say all the time, "You just have to make it to see for yourself!" Enjoy!
::Chocolate Cake::
1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
3 squares unsweetened choc; melted
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup water
Combine butter and brown sugar; beat in eggs, chocoalte, and vanilla. Mix flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternating with the sour cream. Gradually beat in water. Pour into 9x13" pan. Bake for 40min at 325.
::Peanut Butter Frosting::
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
Cream butter, PB, sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
For the cake; start out with the butter...

...and brown sugar; beat.

Then add the 3 eggs and beat in.

Then add the melted chocolate.

Partly beaten in.

Pre mix the flour, soda, salt.

Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth.

I can't say that this is the most appetizing photo I've had on here...but; add the water.

And then beat and you will get an appetizing photo!

Spread evenly in a cake pan.

And bake!

Then for the heavenly frosting...

I first beat the butter, PB, milk and vanilla until smooth....

Like this.

Then added the powdered sugar until smooth!

The lighting in the pic makes the frosting look really light. It is light, but not this light looking.
Wait, let me say light one more time. Light!
A little slice of cake heaven!

Close up of the moist goodness!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment