Tuesday, August 17, 2010

::Creamy Cukes::

Plant a garden or know somebody who has? Well, if that's the case, then you may have alot of cucumbers on your hands! I love cucumbers and I planted two rows in my garden this year; which equals alot of cucumbers! This "recipe" is one of my favorite ways to use cucumbers. I haven't written down the exact measurements, as each cucumber varies in size, and if I wrote it down it probably wouldn't turn out the way I want it to; you know how that goes. So, if someone offers you cucumbers, take them and make this! Enjoy!
::Creamy Cukes::
Cucumbers
Onion
Cream
Vinegar
Directions: Peel and slice cucumbers (and then I usually cut them in half) and dice up onions. In a bowl dump in some cream (aprox 1-2 cups?), vinigar (approx 1 cup?), and sugar (approx 1/2cup?). Whisk together and then add the cucumbers and onions. Add more of each as needed. I like to make mine with more of a sweet, vinegar tasting. Just add more sugar if it's too vinegar like, etc. Experiment!


MMM...garden fresh cucumbers!



1/2 an onion.


This post is lacking pics...sorry no pics of the cream, vinegar, or sugar!

Final product! Alot of the "juice" goes to waste, as I eat just the cucumbers and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment