Thursday, July 15, 2010

::Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cheesecake::

You had me at hello. Translating that to From Scratch terms: “Read the name of the recipe and I’m already drooling!” There are so many people who absolutely love cheesecake, but it seems like people hardly ever make a homemade cheesecake; and I don’t mean from the box either. I think some people think they are hard (I might have thought that before I made this one for the first time) to prepare. This is about my fourth time making this cheesecake and it has yet to fail me. It was my wonderful husband’s birthday yesterday and he loves cheesecake, so what better birthday cake to have than a ::Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cheesecake::?! Another perk of making this cheesecake: have you ever bought or were going to buy a cheesecake in the store? They are super expensive. So, with saying those things, I hope that if you love cheesecake you be daring and make this; you won’t be disappointed, trust me! Enjoy.
::Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cheesecake::
CRUST:
2 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
6 T. melted butter

FILLING:
24 Kraft caramels
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1 c. toasted chopped pecans
2 (8 0z.) pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 sq. Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine crumbs and butter; press into a 9-inch springform pan on bottom and 1 1/4-inches up the sides. Bake 10 minutes. Microwave caramels and milk in large bowl stirring often and until smooth. Pour into crust; top with pecans. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and beat well. mix in chocolate and pour over pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack; cover and refrigereate until ready to serve.
Recipe from: Branch to Branch: The Reardon Family Cookbook
By: Lois Reardon
All the fine ingredients.


Vanilla wafers. I just dumped the whole box into the food processor; however, you don't need to use the whole box to make the 2 cups. I must admit, I had one before I processed them and I forgot how tastey they are!

Ready for a grind.

All processed and ready for the butter.

Add the melted butter.

All mixed in.

Press into the pan and up sides. Don't worry about it being the exact measurements of 1 1/4 inch; just press up the sides a little bit.

Something like this.

Caramels!

Once the caramels are unwrapped and in the bowl, add the milk.


Ready for the microwave.

Melt and stir frequently while melting; until smooth.

Pour over the crust...starting to look yummy!

Add the chopped pecans on top.
Like this!
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla....

Beat well.

Then add the two eggs.

Then it will get really smooth! All it needs left is the melted chocolate.

Melt the 2 squares of chocolate in the microwave.

Melt until smooth.

Add to cream cheese mixture and beat in.

Action shot!

Smooth, chocolately goodness!

All ready for the oven.

Out of the oven after it had cooled awhile.

Yummmmy!

Even better! Smooth cream cheese layer followed by a crunchy/nutty and caramel layer; perfect!

Move over Cheesecake Factory!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Congrats on your blog, btw! I put you on my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete