Monday, July 12, 2010

::Seafood Sour Cream Enchiladas::

WAIT! DON'T LEAVE YET! Are you thinking "Blah, seafood and me = no way!" This can be made with chicken; same amount and everything else, just substitute chicken for the seafood. This is a variation from the normal burrito and is filled with flavor, easy to make, and can be made the day before or a couple hours ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to bake! I got this recipe from the Braddock, ND 125th Anniversary cookbook and it won't dissapoint! Find out for yourself....Enjoy!
::Seafood Sour Cream Enchiladas::
3 c. diced immitation crab (can also use shrimp or chicken)
1 pt. sour cream
1 tsp. Accent (I used seasoning salt)
1 (7oz) can diced green chilies
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 bunch green onions
12 flour tortillas
3 c. shredded Colby cheese (I substituted some of the Mexican cheese I had left over with some of the Colby Jack)
In a sucepan, mix together crab meat, soup, sour cream, chilies and seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, unil boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Heat some oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Heat tortillas just until flexible. Place 2 heaping tablespoons of mixture on each tortilla. Roll and place in a large baking pan. Pour remaining mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and top with green onions. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, about 30 minutes.
Can be made severeal hours before baking. Refrigerate, then increase baking time.
Ingredients!

Yum... I love immitation crab!

The soups added in. For the first time in my "wife," "domestic" life, I only had 1 can of cream of chicken soup in my cupboard. So, I used that with one of cream of mushroom soup mix.



Then the sour cream is added.



Then the green chilies...


Then seasoning...

All mixed up!

The green onions cut up for the top!

All wrapped up!

The tortillas only need to be in the oil for a couple seconds on each side.

How to wrap burrito style...
Place the mixture in the middle.

Fold 2 sides..

Then take one of the sides that you didn't fold and fold it over the filling and pull toward you, then roll.

Roll!

Into a beautiful little creation! :)

Place in a pan! My favorite white one was in use so I had to use this one, which doesn't fit them all side-by-side so I put two on top!

Then spread the rest of the filling over the top.

Creamy goodness ya'll!
(I. LOVE. BLOGGING.)

I used the rest of the mexican cheese blend I had and then some of the Colby Jack cheese.

Then the green onions.

Close up!

No comments:

Post a Comment