Friday, January 28, 2011

::Monster Cookies::

Happy Friday to all! Everyone is always welcoming of Friday because it often time means a little "R&R." For me, I will be heading to work in about half an hour. But, before I left, I wanted to post something good to start the weekend. What else could be better than....::Monster Cookies::! A quick little story about when I made these. These are my husband's favorite cookie...hands down...and he was so excited when I made them. Well, I maybe have one thing of what I make and then that's it for me; so I didn't think it would hurt to bring some to work. To make a long story short; he couldn't believe that I brought his favorite cookies to work and he ran out...which made it even worse! I haven't forgot about it since. So, when I was at Target the other day I bought some Valentine's Day M&Ms to make some more! Hope that you enjoy this oldie but goodie recipe!

::Monster Cookies::

3 eggs
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. Karo syrup
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
4 1/2 c. oatmeal (quick cook kind)
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. M&Ms

Mix first 8 ingredients; add chocolate chips and M&Ms. Spoon-drop on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees; approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown.



Beating up the butter with the eggs


...and all the other 6 ingredients. Mix together and then add the "other stuff."


Oatmeal


The best ingredients...to me anyways! :)


Before the chocolates were added..


All ready to bake...or for me...eat! I love cookie dough. Raw eggs never hurt me...
Oh, and these aren't the Valentine's Day M&Ms I bought...in case you were confused.



Pop in the oven...


and wahlah....a great cookie! I make sure not to overbake my cookies. I stand by the rule of taking the cookies out when you think they aren't done...but are close...then they are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment