Tuesday, May 3, 2011

::Company Potatoes::

I have been eating on this for days! This was my first time making this recipe...so, if you have your own favorite version of "Company Potatoes" (or whatever you/your family calls it), I'd love to try making it! Just email it to me at mfischerbsn@gmail.com
Enjoy!

::Company Potatoes::

Recipe From: 125 years Braddock, North Dakota: Collection of Favorite Recipes and Memories
Charlene (Schlosser) Groth

2 lb. has browns, thawed
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. milk
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
10 oz. shredded Cheddar or Velveeta cheese

Mix. Spray a 9x13-inch pan.
Topping: Combine 2 cups crushed corn flakes and 1/4 cup melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Ingredients. Notice the item on the way right, bottom corner. Bugels? I didn't have corn flakes so I used crushed up Bugels for the topping. :)


The onion chopped up.


Salt and peppa..


The onion, soup, milk, sour cream, and salt/pepper..


Mixed up.


The ingredient that makes it so good!


Ready for the hash browns...


and butter!


Get a HUGE bowl to mix in the hash browns...I found this to be tricky.


I was also perplexed that it would all fit in this 9x13 pan (it's that favorite Martha Stewart one of mine that hasn't made an appearance for a while!).


Ready for the topping.


Butter and bugels (suppose to be corn flakes!).


Ready for the oven.
Bake about 45 minutes.
Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment