Thursday, May 5, 2011

::Puppy Chow::

Don't worry...this isn't a recipe to make something for your puppy dog. This is for human consumption and is, what I call, the best thing you will ever eat. I know I have a lot of favorites, but this is probably close or at #1 on my list. I love puppy chow. This is sitting on my counter right now and I haven't taken one bite yet. If I do, it's all over, I won't be able to stop. It's easy to make as there is no baking required, but at the same time is maybe a little messy...and probably more messy with eating than making. If you haven't had ::Puppy Chow:: (that is very unfortunate and I think you need to stop by my house to have some) you need to make this as soon as possible! There are many variations, but this is my  version!
Enjoy!

::Puppy Chow::

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 (12oz) package chocolate chips
1 box Crispix cereal
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Melt and mix the first three ingredients together. Add cereal or pour over cereal in a large bowl and stir. Add the powdered sugar (don't add the full amount) and mix or cover the bowl and shake. Add more powdered sugar as needed. Spread on waxed paper (or whatever you have) to cool.



Melt these ingredients together.



And you'll get this yummy mixture.


I normally use Crispix but I just had this on hand at home.


Ready to mix the two together...


Coated in chocolate (sorry for the blurry pic).


Ready for the sweet goodness.
Mix or shake all together.


Start out with about 2 1/2-3 cups of the powdered sugar and add more as you feel needed. Should look like this!


Yummm!


Ready to be packed in the lunch box!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Adding peanut butter m&m's when you mix the chocolate and crispix (before the powdered sugar is added) is also very delicious.

    ReplyDelete