Friday, May 21, 2010

::Catalina Chicken::

It is so nice that the weather is warm and we are able to grill! Looking for something different to grill this weekend? I think the first time I had chicken this way was when my Mom made it. This is a great, unique, and easy way to make chicken. The simple marinade gives this a great flavor. I cooked for the guys for dinner the day they worked calves, and I knew there was going to be a few extra people here, so I marinated 6 chicken breasts. Long story short, they were all gone before I was able to get a picture of the finished product; but oh well...I guess that means they were good! Also, I hadn't made this before, but I decided to make a little dipping sauce to go with it, and it turned out good. Have a great weekend and enjoy the recipe!
Catalina Chicken

Chicken Breasts
Catalina Salad Dressing
Directions: For about 4 chicken breasts use one bottle of Catalina Dressing. I put these in the marinade at about 7:30am and grilled them at about 1pm. Just throw the chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour in the dressing. Roll the chicken around in it and place in the fridge; rolling it around a couple different times when it is marinating.
Tips: I have read/heard that if you marinate meat too long it can break down and make it tough. I also pounded the chicken a little before I put the marinade on.
Sauce:
I never measured when I made it so i'll guess the approximates:
1/2 Catalina Dressing
3-4 Tbsp. Ranch dressing
Mix and serve.
I heated a little in the micromave before I served it.

Fresh chicken breasts.

Catalina dressing that is used.



Marinating

No comments:

Post a Comment