Monday, March 28, 2011

::Quesadillas::

I wish I would have tried to make these a long time ago. If you haven't made homemade ::Quesadillas::, you must now. They are easy and wonderful and so versatile to fit the pickiest palet! When we were in Mexico, one of the room service options was Quesadillas. They were so good and I thought to myself "Oh, I should try this at home...it would be good for the blog too!" So, when we got home, this was one of the first things I made! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Enjoy!

::Quesadillas::

Flour tortillas
Purple onions, diced and sauted
Black beans, drained and rinsed
Mexican corn
Rotel, drained
Chicken, diced, sauted, and seasoned
Cheese (I used ::Crack Dip:: or you could buy cheese dip)

Season chicken breasts and saute in olive oil. When done, cut into small pieces. Heat a thin layer of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add a tortilla and when it starts to bubble add the toppings (make sure you don't add too much otherwise the quesadilla will be very thick and the filling will fall out). Once the toppings are added, take a spatula and carefully fold over one half of the tortilla. Flip tortilla and let it cook through until the middle is heated and the tortilla is golden brown. While making more tortillas place the prepared quesadillas on a cookie sheet and place in the oven on a very low heat to keep warm. Serve with hot sauce, sour cream, cheese dip, or guacamole.



A few of the ingredients I used.


In a pan, liberally grease a layer of oil.


I used chicken for the meat. I just sauted chicken breasts seasoned with some seasoned salt.



Once the tortilla starts to bubble, add the toppings.



Then, take a spatula and carefully fold one side over.


Leave until every thing is heat through and the tortilla is a golden brown.


Another variation: chicken, black beans, corn, rotel tomatoes and ::Crack Dip::


I turned the oven on to a very low heat and as I made them I would place them on a cookie sheet to keep warm.


Another variation: chicken and cheese!


The variety pack! Notice the one in the top right corner..that was kind of a flop...I use one tortilla on the bottom and then added the toppings and then another tortilla on top. It didn't hold together that well.


Served with some hot sauce, sour cream, and the ::Crack Dip::


Close up.


Yummm!


No comments:

Post a Comment