Thursday, March 3, 2011

::Deluxe Rice Crispie Bars::

Rice Krispie Bars are something that I don't make very often; I can't actually remember the last time that I did make them. However, I really do like them. They aren't like some bars that are super sweet...but they still fulfill a sweet craving. Something similar to them that I like making are these: ::Deluxe Rice Crispie Bars:: (they are Rice Crispie bars and nor Rice Krispie bars because I used the off brand ;) ) and for some reason I decided to make them the other night. The only bad thing was, I didn't have a recipe. So, I looked in my cook books and looked on line and came up with this recipe. I took some ideas from different recipes to combine it into my own, because I couldn't find one where there was caramel and marshmallow in the middle. These are alot sweeter than a regular Rice Krispie bar and they are very very soft and gooey! What more could you want?!...The recipe! Enjoy!

::Deluxe Rice Crispie Bars::

8 cups Rice Krispies (or the off brand Crisp Rice- hehe)
2 bags mini marshmallows
2 sticks + 3Tbsps butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pkg caramels

Unwrap caramels and place in a saucepan with the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 of the sticks of butter; melt over low-med heat (stirring frequent so it doesn't burn). In another large pan melt the other stick  + the 3 Tbsps of butter with 1 1/2 package of marshmallows-once melted add the rice krispies and mix well. Press half of the rice krispie mix on the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan, then sprinkle the reserved 1/2 pkg of marshmallows over that layer, then pour the caramel mixture of the marshmallows. On top of the caramel mixture place the other half of the rice krispie mixture (I wet my hands with water and don't dry them, then place a little of the cereal mix in my hand and flatten out to place on top-it makes it easier since the carmel layer is so soft and hard to spread out the creal mix on top.

The goods.


Ingredients for the caramel layer.


Since it takes a while for the caramels to melt I start it right before i'm about to make the cereal mixture.


Ingredients for the cereal mixture (just reserve half a bag of the marshmallows)


Melting the butter...


Adding the marshmallows too...


Multi-tasking... :)

Ready for the Rice Krispies...or the Crisp Rice cereal....


Ready for a mixing.



Ready for the pan.


Wet your hands and don't dry...then press half of the cereal mix in the pan. It makes it so it doesn't stick to your hands. Just an FYI.


Then sprinkle half a bag of the marshmallows on top.


Then pour the caramel mixture of the marshmallows.


You won't be able to spread the caramel once it down. So make sure you pour evenly.


mmmm.....


Then add the top layer of the cereal mixture. Like I said in the directions (if you read them)...wet your hands and take little gobs of the cereal and flatten in your hands and then place on top of the caramel layer. With the top layer you can't just add the cereal and then flatten out evenly like you can the bottom layer. It's because of that ooey gooey center!


You can't even tell there's a surprise of sweet goodness in the middle.



That's the layer i'm talking about, folks.


The bar!


Another shot. Just so blissful.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment