Thursday, September 2, 2010

::Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza::

So there I was, dating Jamyson at the time, when my lips first hit the Coffee Cup's Hot Stuff Bacon Cheeseburger pizza. It has been my favorite pizza ever since. I think my favorite part about it is the flavor of the bacon and the pickles on it. Ever since then, I wondered if I could ever make a homemade one that would be close to it. Welp, last night was the night. It was a success; not to mention, super easy and WAY WAY WAY cheaper than buying it from the Coffee Cup (no offense). I also must admit, this is my first homemade pizza; exciting! I did have a little mishap with the crust, but I improvised and everything was happy in the end. I love leftover pizza, cold, the next day; and it's what I had for lunch. Also, since school is back in session, this is easy for all you parents and college students to come home and whip up quick! Oh I must not forget, some of you are probably like, "Oh I'm sure she made some pizza dough from scratch and pizza sauce with tomatoes imported from Italy"...hahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhaa! Nope, refrigerated pizza dough and pizza sauce from a jar. 
Bon appetite!

::Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza::

1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
1 jar pizza sauce
Pepperoni
Bacon
Hamburger
1/2 onion
Pickles
Cheese
Salt/Pepper
Garlic Salt
Onion Powder

Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add ground beef and brown. In another pan fry bacon until done, but not crispy. Cut off fat and cut into chunks. Roll out pizza dough and layer on ground beef then place pizza sauce on top. On sauce place bacon, pepperonis, pickles and cheese. Bake at 425 until crust is done and pizza is heated through. Broil to make cheese a little brown.

Some ingredients



Adding the ground beef to the sauted onion. Add a decent amount of salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. If you aren't comfortable with seasoning, just add a little and when it's cooked through, test, and add more as needed. You don't want it to be super salty, but you want to taste the onion/garlic flavor.


Bacon! MMMM.. I fried it just until done and then cut the fat off and cut it into decent sized chunks. I used a whole package. It is crazy, once the fat is cut off there is only like a cup of the actual meat part. 


This pic is kinda blurry...oops..but you get the idea!


I guess this is why they say you shouldn't put wood things in the dishwasher! I was in the middle of cutting the bacon when I noticed that it had just split in half. Funny thing is..I put each half back in the dishwasher to wash!

Sandra Lee would be so proud...."Keep it sweet, keep it simple...and always keep it...semi-homemade!"

Cookie sheet I used.


Hamburger chips; I dried thoroughly on a paper towel to get the extra juices out so they wouldn't make the crust soggy.


Thanks Pillsbury for making this pizza dough thing so easy!

I just patted it out a bit.


So, you know that mishap I was talking about? Well here is where it kinda started. So I misread the directions on the package and thought you had to bake the crust a little first. Anyways, I had just the crust baking in the oven and baked it for ten minutes. Then I was re-reading the directions and thought "oh crap...that's not what I was suppose to do!" So, I layered on the hamburger ^like so^....


Then put the pizza sauce over that...


...then put on the pepperonis and bacon...


...then the pickles...
Starting to look scrumptious!


...then the cheese...and around here; we don't skimp on cheese...


Since I made the mistake and had baked the crust for 10mins already, I didn't want to burn the crust, so I put the oven on broil to bake it the rest of the way (it was mostly just the toppings that needed to be heated through along with the cheese that needed to be melted). I like when the cheese gets a little bit of "golden" color (as you can see in the pic)...



And this is what you get. It's super good, super easy, and super cheap!
(And super good, cold, the next day)
Did someone say super!?

1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS!!!! "Around here, we dont skimp on cheese"!!! Funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete