Thursday, September 23, 2010

::The Bread::

So, here I go again, bragging up the Pioneer Woman; but then again, she totally deserves it. We have something in common, besides the love for all things in the kitchen. I have a recipe that I make that people refer to as "The Dip" (which, sadly, I can't believe I haven't blogged about it yet) and she has a recipe that people refer to as "The Bread." It goes something like this, "Maxi, are you going to bring the dip?" "Maxi, I need your recipe for the dip!" "Maxi, will you make the dip?" Okay, I'll stop; but just showing you how it became known as "the dip." This is how the Pioneer Woman named her recipe for "The Bread." So now that that's out of the way. You need to take a deep breath in...and exhale. This is to prepare yourself. For what? For a loaf of french bread and 2, I repeat, 2 sticks of butter. Only 2 ingredients and you HAVE to "burn" it a little; what more could you ask for in a recipe? Oh, and did I mention it's amazing?! Enjoy!

::The Bread::

1 loaf french bread
2 sticks butter

Cut loaf of bread in half and spread 1 stick of butter on each half; making sure to cover every area. Place bread on a pan and place in the oven at 350 degrees for about ten minutes; or until all the butter is melted into the bread. Then, crank up the broiler to high and leave in until the top of the bread is a little "burnt" (see pictures below)! Slice and enjoy!


The ingredients! Simple, cheap, & (un)healthy.


The bread; split. Which I definitly split unevenly! You can definitely tell one sits a little higher than the other!

Butter...and A.L.O.T of it!


Close up.

Pure butter. Pure deliciousness.


Ready for the oven!


 Prior to the butter being melted into the bread.


Now, the butter is melted in.


This is where the flavor happens! If you don't make it "burnt like" it won't taste like it should.


I'm sure the butter just burnt off. hhahhaha ....yea right.


Ready for some slicing!


Shown as served with the ::Spaghetti Pie::!
My husband ate almost half..of a half. I had some left over homemade pizza sauce that he dipped it in!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment