Thursday, September 9, 2010

::French Toast:: with ::Cowboy Syrup::

I wanted to add more to the title of this post because this is no ordinary french toast, but is unique and fabulous! I first had this when I was at my in-laws and my father-in-law made french toast after church; I was in love with this french toast. The batter is more like cake batter consistency and isn't the typical "egg" type french toast. When I asked him how he made it I was shocked of the ingredients because I hadn't thought of french toast being made that. So, the same day my FIL made the french toast, my husband made the syrup. I hadn't had this ::Cowboy Syrup:: that my in-laws always talked about, but after I had it that day I knew why it was always being "talked about" and "craved!" Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I love breakfast type foods; ie french toast, pancakes, etc. Enjoy! Oh...PS...it makes a big batch!

::French Toast::

3 eggs
4 cups milk
2/3 cup sugar
Cinnamon
Flour

Whisk together eggs & milk. Add sugar & cinnamon. Then add enough flour to make a batter like a cake batter & a little thinner. Dip bread in batter and fry in pan or griddle set at about a medium heat.

::Cowboy Syrup::


1 c. sugar
1 c. cream
2 T syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 capful maple flavoring (I added this, it wasn't apart of the original recipe)
Bring to boil and serve.
Only three eggs!

 Milk of course.

Whisk the eggs and milk together.


Sugar...getting better already!


Flour; add enough to make it a little thinner than cake batter consistency. If you feel like you have made it too thick..just add a little milk.


Cinnamon!....


...Lots and lots of it too! (I added more after this photo was taken)


Mix all together and it's ready to be dipped in.


Straight up plain white bread.


Now for the syrup...
Sugar of course!


And cream...this otta' be good.


My favorite...Watkin's vanilla.


Maple flavoring. This isn't in the orginal recipe, but I added about a capful. I love maple flavoring and it pairs great with the french toast.


Mixing together.

I highly recommend a griddle if you don't already have one! Here is the final product...so goood...there is just one thing missing...

...There it is! Cowboy Syrup!

Yum.  Watchout Perkins!

1 comment:

  1. WOW...EVERYBODY loved it.
    The boys kept asking for more syrup to lick off their plates!!

    ReplyDelete