Tuesday, June 22, 2010

::Banana Cookies::

OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD.
If I were able to gather enough overripe bananas, makes these cookies, and hand deliver them to each of you, I would in a heartbeat. There is absolutely no way to describe these cookies. You will want to but bananas, not to eat them, but hoping no one eats them so that you have an excuse to make these! Amazing, wonderful, magnificant and any other word you can think of doesn't even come close. These cookies are moist, sweet, but not too sweet, and have the perfect compliment of frosting. You just HAVE to make these and you will see! I got this recipe from a cookbook that my sister had that her fiance got at a meeting of his where he works. Ever since then, when I see I have overripe bananas I immediately think of making these cookies instead of banana bread.
Today, I made these cookies for someone else. At a little get together a friend of mine had, I brought these. My friend has a young son who fell in love with these cookies and especially gave me overripe bananas the last time I was at their house so that I could make these for him. So tomorrow, I will be making a special delivery!
These are so good that Santa will be coming back every night instead of just on Christmas!
Enjoy!
::Banana Cookies::
2-3 overripe bananas
3/4 c. shortening
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 c. flour
Frosting:
4 T. butter
4 T. cream
6 T. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
Powdered sugar
1. Mix together ingredients & bake cookies 8-10 minutes at 350 degreees.
2. To make frosting put ingredients into a saucepan & boil. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency. Pour over cookies.
After you try this recipe, you'll no longer throw out the bananas when they look like this, instead you will treat them like gold!

I beat the shortening, added the bananas, and then added the rest of the ingredients.

Brown sugar!


My favorite brand of vanilla!

Adding the other ingredients. I mixed everything except the flour together.

Once it's all mixed, add the flour.

And it will look something like this. Kind of like banana bread batter.

Don't forget to use parchment paper!

I used a heaping Tbsp. to make sure the cookies were evenly sized (it's that darn OCD again)!

All ready for the oven.
Once the last pan is in the oven I start to make the frosting.

On the cooling rack.
Another pan fresh from the oven! Don't overcook them. I bake just until I see the bottoms turning a golden brown and the tops don't look doughy.
All the ingredients ready for some heat.

Pre-boil stage.

Once the mixture has boiled, remove from heat and add the powdered sugar.
I beat the p.sugar in with a mixer. I start with adding 1 cup, beat that and then add a little at a time until it's the right consistency. You don't want it to be a frosting where you spread it on, but one where you spoon over, but that it's still thick enough that it won't all run off the cookie (that sounds confusing).

Perfect consistency.

I take a regular spoon full of frosting and pour it over each cookie.

If you only could grab the cookie out of your screen and gobble it down. I wish you could. Seriously.

Getting them all frosted.

The batch made about 25 cookies. Yummy!

Thank you to the person who submitted this to the JLG Architect cookbook.
I always want to note where or the person whom I retrieved my recipes on here from. When creating a recipe, alot of hard work goes into it in making sure that it is good enough to submit to a cookbook or serve to others and in making sure that other's know who created that damn' good recipe! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ok Now I am excited! I have 2 overripe bananas on my counter that I was looking at this morning. Guess I am gonna have to make these tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word- Amazing. Its like banana bread in cookie form with frosting- brilliant. They were easy and good. I hardened the frosting a little too much but I got it all on. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxi,

    Hi! This is Colton. The cookies were FABULOUS!! We already ate 2 plates of them. We shared though.... We have 2 over ripe bananas and I am trying to get Mom to make me some cookies...you need to come over and we can make them together!! Thanks again, Maxi.

    ReplyDelete