Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not just your ordinary ::Lasagna::

One of the first meals I had at my in-laws, was lasagna. I thought I had died and gone to lasagna heaven! I am sure Jamyson kept getting sick of me saying "You know what I am craving? Your Mom's lasagna. It's the best ever!" One time we happened to be over there before she started making it and I was able to help and find out what made it so good! Who would've thought; sliced cheese! I was wondering what made it so "creamy" like. Anyways, ever since then, that is how I always make my lasagna. Write this down, sadly, but this post has no pictures! Last Sunday we got home from fishing at about 9:30pm and I was going to be gone the next day and the guys couldn't go hungry, so I made lasagna that night and didn't have time to take pictures...so just imagine! Enjoy!
::Lasagna::
Box of lasagna noodles
1-2 lbs ground beef
onion
spaghetti sauce
Sliced american cheese
Sliced swiss cheese
Shredded chesse (mozz. or mont. jack)
Saute diced onion in butter or olive oil and then add the ground beef to brown. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce (I use the "big" jars) and cook until heated. Boil noodles and drain. Place a very thin layer of the meat mixture on the bottom of a 9x13" pan and then place a layer of noodles on top. Then add another layer of meat mixture, then a layer of one of the kinds of cheese. Place a layer of noodles on top of that and repeat process (using the other kind of sliced cheese). Top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about an hr.
This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.
Variation: Use your favorite spaghetti sauce. I usually get the garlic and onion one.

No comments:

Post a Comment