Tuesday, June 1, 2010

::Fresh Whipped Cream::

Move over Cool Whip! Once I started to make homemade whipped cream to go with desserts, It's hard going back to Cool Whip. The past two weeks I have made it twice to go with two different kinds of desserts (I will post those desserts soon). You can never put too much homemade whipped cream on a dessert and you sometimes just want to eat it without dessert! For how much better it is than Cool Whip, it is also super easy to make; it just takes a little bit to whip but it so worth it! Also, once you make it and it sits in the fridge (if it isn't gone yet that is!) it will seperate and you will have to drain a little bit of the liquid off (just tip the container to get it out, nothing fancy) before you mix it again so it doesn't get too thin. Homemade whipped cream is great on jello, pudding, pies, cakes, bars, fruit, and whatever else you can think of! Enjoy!
Whipped Cream
Whipping cream (regular or heavy whipping cream works)
Vanilla (Watkins brand vanilla is my favorite)
Sugar
I usually put the beaters and bowl (usually glass) that I am going to use into the freezer to get it really cold before I start. Not sure if it is true, but I think I heard once that it beats up faster?
I don't measure when I make this, so if you are usually a "measurer," step out of the box with recipe.
The pint of whipped cream below makes alot as you will see in the bowl below when it is done. Pour in the whipped cream and start beating on about med. Beat until it gets really thick (but not the thick like it should be when it is done) or until peaks form, then add a bunch of vanilla and sugar. For a pint I think I probably used about 2-3 Tbsp vanilla and 1/2 cup of sugar? Not sure, but just add the vanilla and sugar and beat again and then try a little and adjust from there. Beat until it is a whipped cream consistency that you like! It will be a little creamier than cool whip and probably not as stiff.
The ingredients!
Ready for the vanilla and sugar. Notice how full the bowl got!
Ready to eat or ready for the fridge!

Final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment