Saturday, June 5, 2010

::BBQ Pulled Pork::

Going to be gone all day and coming home just in time to eat supper...not make it? Then this is the perfect dish to make & eat. I put this in the oven at about 11am and it was super tender & yummy when I ate it at 6:30pm & still yummy when Jamyson ate it at 11pm! Oh, let me not forget, it was still yummy the next day! Pulled pork is one of my favorite meats so when I was deciding what to make and saw a pork roast in the freezer and 2 opened bottles of BBQ sauce, I knew what was on the menu. Since we have been married, Jamyson's parents have given us 1/2 of a hog; which is butchered ourselves. It is so nice to have pork right in the freezer that isn't store bought. To any parents out there; it does make a great Christmas present that you know will be used (that is if the people you are giving it to eat pork)! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Oh, did I mention this was super easy?! Enjoy!
BBQ Pulled Pork
Pork Roast
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (can get this almost anywhere)
Thaw out pork roast if frozen. Place in roasting pan/dish and pour a bottle of the BBQ sauce over top. Bake in the oven at 250 for about 6 hours or more, or until it falls off the bone and shreds easily.
Serve as is or on a bun. Goes great with potatoes or the Roasted Vegetables (as posted in the blog).
Roasting dish that I used.
I had two opened bottles of the BBQ sauce for some reason. A great reason to make room in the fridge!

It told me it was cold and needed a blanket of BBQ sauce!

There, all better & ready for the warm oven!

Another picture; ready for the oven.
The sauce has a nice sweet/spicy BBQ flavor.

Almost done...

ALL done; falling off the bone and is easily shredded.
Again, my excitement took over and I didn't get a picture of it shredded and served!

1 comment: